The “Can Do” Kids took the Junior Fire Marshal Quiz, from the US Fire Administration for Kids and did very well!
Boys and girls it’s time to take the Junior Fire Marshal Quiz. Ready? Set? Go!
1. Smoke alarms need brand new batteries at least:
a. Once a month
b. Once a year
c. Once every two years
d. Once every ten years
2. When escaping from a fire:
a. Take time to find your favorite toys
b. Get out fast.
d. Call 9-1-1.
3. Heaters are hot so be sure to:
a. Ask an adult to turn them on and off for you.
b. Turn them on and off yourself.
c. Leave them on all the time.
d. Place wet clothes to dry over them.
4. A working smoke alarm can warn you early to escape
when a _____ happens.
5.You should plan to have __________ escape routes
from each room in your home.
6. Electricity can be very dangerous. Never play with:
a. A pocket video game
b. A television remote control
c. Electrical cords, outlets or wall sockets
d. A flashlight
7. Smoke alarm batteries need to be __________
once a month to make sure they are working.
8. Call 9-1-1 or the fire department only if:
a. You need a ride home from school
b. There is a scary thunderstorm
c. There is an emergency
d. You have a question about fire safety
9. Only ______ can use fire safely.
b. Kids and adults
10. If you see matches or lighters in a room:
a. throw them away
b. tell a grown-up right away
c. hide them
d. pick them up