The “Can Do” kids want to share their Halloween safety tips with you so you are sure to be safe and have fun on Halloween.
- Be sure to have a snack or dinner before you go trick or treating so you won’t be tempted to eat anything from your treat bag until you get home
- Don’t complain when your parents want to add some reflective tape on your costume. It will help drivers see you as you walk along a dark road
- Wear face paint and a hat and not a mask, since masks can make it hard to see, especially on dark roads.
- If you are with a group, with one or two parents, stay with the group, don’t wander off
- Don’t go into someone’s house unless your parent goes with you.
- Be respectful…say thank you for the treat, whatever it is, even if it is not a favorite of yours. You can always trade with a friend later or the next day.
- Once you get home, let your parents inspect everything you have in your treat bag to make sure it is safe to eat. They will check to make sure that all the candies are popular, well known candies that they recognize from the grocery store and they are all unopened and well sealed.
- Be sure not to share any small treats or toys with a younger brother or sister, as they might choke on them.
Don’t eat too much candy at once. You will only have tummy troubles later on and that is no way to end a fun Halloween.