The Partnership for Food Safety Education sends the following message about a favorite Christmas tradition…cookie making.
Resist Temptation: Don’t Eat Raw Cookie Dough!
As gooey and delicious as it might look, eating raw cookie dough could make you very sick. When handling raw cookie dough, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Do not eat raw cookie dough or any other raw batter that contains raw eggs.
- Follow directions on packaged dough for cooking temperatures and times.
- Wash hands, work surfaces, and utensils thoroughly after contact with raw dough and batter products.
- Always keep raw foods separate from other foods to prevent cross contamination.
- Chill batter and dough if you are not using it right away.