Here are 10 reasons why you need to laugh as often as you can:
1. Laughter busts stress. It reduces the levels of stress hormones epinephrine and cortisol.
2. Laughter strengthens the immune system.
3. Laughter is anti-aging. It tones facial muscles and expressions. People look younger and more fun when they laugh!
4. Laughter is aerobic exercise. Laughter stimulates heart and blood circulation and is equivalent to any other standard aerobic exercise.
5. Laughter is internal jogging. It massages internal organs by enhancing the blood supply and increasing their efficiency.
6. Laughter is a natural pain killer.Laughter increases the level of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
7. Laughter can control high blood pressure. It helps to control blood pressure by reducing the release of stress-related hormones. (But don’t stop taking your blood pressure medication.)
8. Laughter can help dump depression and anxiety. Laughter can help you sleep better and reduce depression, lessening the stress and strain of modern life.
9. Laughter alleviates bronchitis and asthma. Laughter improves lung capacity and oxygen levels in the blood.
10. Laughter just makes you feel good.
Source: Healing Thru Yoga Laughter, www.yogalaff.com