Let’s see how well you do with Word Jumbles…just for fun.
Before you print this out and color it, let’s see how much you know about the Can Do Street characters. You may have to check the site to get names!
1. What are the names of the two girls?_________________________________________________
2. Who is the boy in the window?_____________________________________________________
3. What is the cat’s name?___________________________________________________________
4. Why does the girl carry a book?______________________________________________________
5. What does the girl near the door have in her hand?_______________________________________
What song does the boom box play?_______________________________________
Miss Pat couldn’t help but notice that the “Can Do” Kids were not into vocabulary building today. They needed a fun break. How could she make vocabulary fun?
Hmmm…she thought. How about a word jumble and a word search? That ought to be more that a few minutes of fun. So she gave the “Can Dos” the following teacher printouts to do.
Why don’t you print out these handouts and have a fun break? The fist jumble is about animals. The second images is about things we see in the spring.
Rhythms is the longest word in the English language without the vowels a,e,i,o,u.
Soupspoons is the longest word made up of letters entirely from the second half of the alphabet.
Underground and underfund are the only two words that begin and end with und.
Forty is the only number with all the letters in alphabetical order.
Bookkeeper is the only word that has three consecutive double letters.
Dreamt is the only word that ends in mt.
"Can Do" Street is the intellectual property of Jean Campbell, registered with the US Copyright Office TXU000476431 and the WGA West, Inc, under Campbell Development Group LLC, 1294415. "Can Do Street" and The "Can Do" Company © 2010. All rights reserved.