The “Can Do” Kids Chefs Club hosted a camp session on making healthy food choices called …A Rainbow on my Plate.
The guest speaker was Miss Mary, a dietitian, who works for the “Can Do” Street Elementary and High Schools during the school year. Miss Mary’s job is to plan healthy meals for the children attending the schools. She makes sure that the children get foods that will help them feel good so they do well in school and after school activities, such as sports.
“Good Morning “Can Dos,” said Miss Mary. “Let’s play a game I call Rainbow on my Plate.” With that, Miss Mary handed each “Can Do” a paper plate and said,”We are going to fill the plate with fruits and vegetables that are the colors of the rainbow.” Miss Mary had a box of paper vegetable and fruits and as each “Can Do”answered her questions, with the right answers, she added a picture of the fruit or vegetable to the plate.
Here are the questions. Choose the correct answers from the list of fruits and vegetables listed below the questions.
Let’s see how you do building a rainbow of fruits and vegetables on your plate.
1. Choose a green vegetable____________________
2. Choose a green fruit ________________________
3. Choose a red vegetable ______________________
4. Choose a red fruit__________________________
5. Choose a blue fruit_________________________
6. Choose an orange vegetable__________________
7. Choose an orange fruit______________________
8. Choose a yellow vegetable___________________
9. Choose a yellow fruit_______________________
10. Choose a white vegetable__________________
11 Choose a white fruit______________________
Be sure to ask a family member to review your answers with you.
Did you make a rainbow on your plate?
Answers: pear, cauliflower, pineapple, corn, cantaloupe, carrot, blueberry, apple, beet, pepper, grape.